General Motors DEV OPS ENGINEER - INF0020136 in Austin, Texas
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
About the role:
The Dev/Ops Engineer is responsible for defining the processes and tools, and implementing custom software/integration to automate the software development and deployment lifecycle for business applications. This includes source control, building management, software configurations, software versions, deployment versions, deployment scripts, automated testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with development teams to build, package, and deploy system components. This may include scheduling, executing, and documenting software build processes. Includes compiling software with standard software development tools, packaging builds for release, ensuring appropriate project documentation is available for each new build or release, and supporting a continuous integration environment.
- Assists with diagnosing and debugging installation and configuration/build failures Identifies and implements processes to strengthen, streamline and automate build processes
- Manages application deployments to multiple environments in an effective and efficient manner
- Sets up and maintains system and application environments; Implement custom solutions for software repository and application lifecycle management tools
- Identify CM issues in assigned projects during the lifecycle of the project. Plans and executes the resolution of those issues
- Maintains a repository of configuration items for projects and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Provides effort for ongoing support and maintenance of existing tools and applications
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work related experience.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in software development and working understanding of at least one of the following: (PHP, Java, Perl, Python)
- Must have 2+ years of experience in dev/ops focusing on development, testing, build and deployment (automation)
- Must have experience working within Agile methodology
- Must have work experience with any of the following:
- Continuous test automation, automation/configuration management systems, container and container orchestration systems, delivery tools, GIT software repository, use of software code quality tools, MySQL and strong knowledge in best practices and IT operations for high availability services
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in fast paced and changing environment
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.