DynCorp International LLC. BI Architect Principal in FORT WORTH, Texas
Designs, develops, implements database models, dictionaries and fault tolerant infrastructure by providing highly-complex, and reliable database platform architecture which is scalable in support of the organizations’s information systems needs. Includes optimization to ensure systems performance by identifying bottlenecks, evaluating operations, and implementation of operational or hardware changes to augment performance.
Principal Accountabilities *
- Designs databases structures in accordance with industry best practices to improve database/application performance by implementation of indexes, partitions, and triggers.
- Designs and implements database disaster recovery strategy: Backup, Log Shipping, and Replication or other maintenance activities.
- Designs and implements databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, and protection to eliminate single points of failure.
- Designs and implements the following technologies: Data archiving (Informatica), EDW, Data Marts, Data extraction, Data transformation, Data Integration, Data Warehousing, and Data Loading
- Develops and maintains documentation with respect to database architecture inclusive of data dictionaries, storage configuration, and data modeling.
- Responsible for implementation and general maintenance for each of the following: Replication, Mirroring, SQL Clustering, and Windows Clustering.
- In depth performance tuning utilizing: SQL Traces, PSSDIAG, PERFMON, Resource monitor, third party tools, and SQL Dynamic Management Views
- Adheres to internal policies and regulatory compliance requirements such as SOX, DCAA, Change Control, and audit reporting
- Advises applications development staff and users on data based solutions to business problems, database management system facilities and capabilities, and operation and tuning of databases.
- Assists application development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
- Technical SME and lead for department to provide work direction and completion of assignments.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge & Skills *
Advanced knowledge of diagnosis of Microsoft Operating Systems (i.e. Windows Server 2008 32/64 Bit and R2).
- Proficiency in relational database design relational to web application development.
- Excellent data communication and people skills.
- Current on the latest database advances within industry plus familiarity with other database platforms such as Oracle, DB2, and Enterprise DB.
- Advanced understanding of OSI Model, Networking, Web Farms, NLB technologies, Data Marts, and Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Knowledge of enterprise agreements, and the ability to work closely with vendors to resolve highly technical incidents.
- Experience & Education *
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or associated discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years in database design, database architecture, performance tuning, and administration.
Preferred Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) in one or more of the following DBA certification paths: Database Administrator 2008, Database Developer 2008, and/or Business Intelligence Developer 2008.
- Physical Requirements/Working Environment *
Normal Office Environment
- Travel *
Limited, but in the event necessary may be to austere environments internationally.
8 years working experience with Microsoft SQL Server products. 8 years SSIS ETL, SSRS experience. 5 years Data warehouse design (Data mart) experience with SQL SSAS. 3 years data integration/Cleansing experience with multiple data sources Has working experience with IBM Cognos BI, Qlik View, Power BI is preferred. Has experience with SharePoint is plus Has experience with Microsoft Machine Learning, Azure data analytics is plus.
Job: *IT / Software Development
Title: BI Architect Principal
Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-FORT WORTH
Requisition ID: 1704101