Vencore ULLS-A Field Service Technician in Ft. Bliss, Texas
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Summary: The Field Service Technician (FST) will serve as a member of the Logistics Services Department in support of Customer and Software Support to Fielded Units/Facilities/Locations of the ULLS-A(E) Standard Army Maintenance Information System (STAMIS). Experience in Customer/Software Support would not likely be fully transferrable unless there was considerable additional experience within the Aerospace and Defense community. The FST must demonstrate excellent skills in communication, both orally and writing; must be proficient in SQL, MS Windows, MS Office, and ULLS-A(E). These skills must also include experience with the Capability Maturity Model (CMM) and/or Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and the ISO 9001:2000 standard. CONUS and OCONUS based FST’s not in the AOR will support operations based on a 40-hour work week. OCONUS based FST’s will support operations based on an 84-hour work week. This position may require extensive travel and international deployments, to include, but not limited to Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Germany, Korea, and Honduras. The current location for this position is Ft. Bliss, TX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to; the FST:
- Shall provide highly responsive operations and user maintenance support services for the purpose of identifying, documenting, and implementing proper repeatable processes and procedures to operate, sustain, and manage ULLS-A(E).
- Assist customers in validation of aircraft historical records and logbooks being implemented into ULLS-A(E) for accuracy.
- Communicate rapidly and accurately with USA, Government, and Contract Approved Personnel regarding software application issues and provide instructions to correct.
- Maintain Government approved forms and records pertaining to ULLS-A(E).
- Provide remote and on-site briefings and/or training on procedures, roles and responsibilities to USA, Government, and Contract Approved personnel for ULLS-A(E).
- Provide systems maintenance which includes data management and recovery of ULLS-A(E) data as required.
- Provide installation of ULLS-A(E) related software and hardware.
- Provide functional and technical support for ULLS-A(E) STAMIS to include, but not limited to: LogBook, Quality Control, Production Control, BackShops, PTLS/PTWS, Supply, AMATS, Information Technology, SQL, Microsoft O/S and applications.
- Reformat and implement all applicable STAMIS, including laptops and servers.
- Provide User training after system upgrades.
- Provide Government Furnished Information (GFI) (i.e. operations and user maintenance reports).
- Provide data conversion from paper documents into electronic format.
- Provide rapid O&UM assistance to USA, Government, and Contract Approved personnel.
- Coordinate recurring database submission requirements and quality questions as necessary.
- Provide logistical support for ULLS-A(E) hardware and software.
- Operate independently as a Subject Matter Expert in remote locations to assist customers with ULLS-A(E) issues.
- During Government approved travel, the FST shall remain in an on-call status and provide rapid O&UM assistance to USA, Government, and Contract Approved personnel.
- Provide input on proposed manual revisions.
- Review issues with the program as reported through S4IF Help Desk.
- Attend meetings and provide input to improve the program.
- Be knowledgeable and adhere to Vencore Employee Handbook, Policies, and SOP’s.
- Complete other assigned tasks.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
Requires High School level plus some advanced training. 2-3 years of experience.
Job ID 2017-47045
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time