Lutech Resources Industrial Engineer in Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11809
Job Type: Contract
Location: NORTH AMERICA, United States of America, Houston, Texas
Discipline: PLANT OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE
Manufacturing Industry Leader seeks an Industrial Engineer
Position: Industrial Engineer
Type: Contract Assignment
Location: Northwest Houston, TX
Our client is a market leader in natural gas compression, produced water treatment solutions, oil and gas production equipment, and gas processing and treating.
Our client is a global market leader with unparalleled capabilities in an agile, fast-paced environment focused on delivering the absolute best service
Their core values – safety, service, respect, global perspective and integrity – define their culture. In addition, their skilled employees are among the most respected experts in our industry.
Our client’s professionals meet the challenge of improving the organizational capability and efficiency of our business every day, which means they often enjoy enterprise-wide projects and international experience at a company that is committed to continually advancing its information technology services.
Provide technical leadership to the production team. Responsibilities include providing documentation and shop floor support associated with safety, manufacturing and quality methods, tooling, and equipment. Aggressively initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality. As a Manufacturing Engineer, lead a cross-functional team of Engineering, Sourcing, Manufacturing Technicians, Quality, and EHS for On Time Delivery and First Time Yield of Manufacturing Projects and Products. Collaborate with Engineering for manufacturability reviews on designs, develop manufacturing processes, select tools, and define layouts that result in cost efficient, safe and defect free product delivery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Define standards and processes for manufacturing in the shop floor
· Document manufacturing process work instructions
· Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
· Work with Production personnel to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
· Develop new process and workstation designs to reduce cycle time and support lean manufacturing initiatives.
· Monitor and improve productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner
· Provide Technical support to the Manufacturing organization
· Driving LEAN manufacturing implementation
· Provide safe processes that comply with all local and federal regulations.
· Assure that corrective action is taken to resolve observed safety concerns.
· Prepare and maintain detailed layouts of processes and related equipment.
· Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
· Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
· Confer with sales, planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods and quality results.
· Design, develop and test and/or source and cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods. Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of machinery and equipment according to specifications and quality standards.
· Apply statistical methods and perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
· Represent manufacturing/engineering on cross-functional teams.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Tools:
· Knowledge of oil and gas treating equipment and/or compression packaging preferred
· Solid computer skills
· Fabrication processes experience
· CAD drawing package knowledge preferred
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to work independently
· Have a strong mechanical aptitude, and excellent root cause analysis skills
· Demonstrate capability to excel in a Cross-Functional Team Environment.
· Demonstrated ability to identify & implement best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity and complexity.
· Experience with industrial automation and ergonomic design
· Previous Project Leadership Experience preferred
· B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree
· At least 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
No corporate sponsorship is offered in conjunction with this job.
For fastest response, put your name and the job title in the subject heading:
Last Name, First Name – Industrial Engineer
Contact: Nicole Steffen