MD Anderson Cancer Center Manager, Information Services Epic - Oncology Care & Research IS in Houston, Texas
Manager, Information Services Epic - Oncology Care & Research IS
Location: United States, Texas, Houston, Houston (TX Med Ctr) at https://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/9817/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Managerial/Professional at http://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/managerialprofessional-opportunities-at-md-anderson-cancer-center-11
Oncology Care & Research IS 710628
Requisition #: 113409
The Manager of Information Services is charged with the overall responsibility of the scope, cost, schedule, and quality of EHR Enterprise Testing. He/she will manage all work associated with the testing, as well as, ensure that proper resources are available to meet project deadlines. He/she will communicate directly with the PMO Associate Director and Product Managers and notify them of any discussions that may need to occur between other applications (finance, clinical or otherwise). The Manager of Enterprise Applications will oversee the team leads, and analysts associated with the testing team. Any issues or risks associated with testing and/or its implementation should be escalated by the Manager of Information Services to the IT Project Director.
Ideal candidates will have Epic experience
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Resource Management
• Responsible for the hiring of Team Leads and Application Analysts.
• Promotes professional growth and development through leadership activities and continuing education and training.
• Coordinates/communicates with the PMO Associate Director, Other Managers (clinical and otherwise), Project Managers, Team Leads and Analysts.
Leadership & Strategic Development
• Provides leadership, activity planning, coordination and directions to complete the assigned project team tasks, produce the required deliverables, track and resolve issues, and meet the relevant project milestones.
• Responsible for day to day administration of enterprise testing, with assistance from the Project Manager(s) and Team Lead(s)
• Monitors the status of the project to ensure completion of project deliverables on agreed upon timeframe.
• Monitors project status.
• Ensures quality of final deliverables assigned to the team.
Financial/ Budget Management
• Responsible for working with his/her leadership to be a steward for the department budget
Seven years of experience in information technology services, to include two years supervisory/management experience. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis or completed years of college on a one to one basis.
Epic Willow experience
Experience in an academic healthcare setting.
Experience with enterprise EMR testing
Experience with Epic EMR
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html