SAIC System Safety Engineer Job in Houston, Texas
System Safety Engineer (Job Number:430791)
Our Commitment to Safety:
For nearly 40 years, SAIC has developed and executed system safety programs across a variety of complex system platforms in the federal government and commercial sectors. We apply system safety engineering principles, mission assurance expertise, and deep domain knowledge to identify, analyze and mitigate safety and environmental risks to ensure mission success. Our customers include the Department of Defense (DoD) (United States Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Army), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). Also, we have a long history of providing leadership and domain expertise to prominent system safety organizations and initiatives.
SAIC has multiple openings for experienced System Safety Engineering (SSE) professionals, or junior candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and strong technical and leadership traits to develop their system safety skillset and effectively support the government customer. At a minimum, the candidate should understand risk assessment terminology and System Safety methodology for the relevant government agency (e.g. MIL-STD-882E, FAA System Safety Handbook, NASA System Safety Handbook). Professional candidates must be proficient in technical writing to prepare hazard analysis/reports of complex systems; possess strong communication skills to participate in technical reviews and provide safety-related guidance; and be well-organized to track hazards throughout the system life cycle. System-specific experience is desired for some openings, including space suit systems, life support systems, space environment hazards, Lithium-ion battery safety, and software safety.
- Engineering degree or STEM equivalent
• Setup and manage system safety program. Tasks include development of Hazard Tracking System, System Safety Working Group Charter, System Safety Management Plan, System Safety Program Plan, and/or Hazardous Materials Management Plan.
• Lead or participate in engineering meetings and program reviews, including Integrated Product Teams, Working Groups, Configuration Control Boards, and/or Milestone Reviews. Tasks include safety approval or endorsement of Engineering Change Proposals, Change Notices, Deficiency Reports, Mishap Reports, Non-compliance Reports, and/or Requests for Deviation/Waiver.
• Assess system risks to personnel, equipment or environment. Tasks may include Preliminary Hazard List, Preliminary Hazard Analysis, System Requirements Hazard Analysis, Subsystem Hazard Analysis, System Hazard Analysis, Operating and Support Hazard Analysis, Health Hazard Analysis, Functional Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, and/or Sneak Circuit Analysis.
• Evaluate compliance to the appropriate software implementation guide (e.g., Joint Software Systems Safety Engineering Handbook).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 14, 2017, 3:18:34 PM
Primary Location: United States-TX-HOUSTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job