CEC Entertainment IT Workday HCM and Payroll Functional Manager in IRVING, Texas
IT Workday HCM and Payroll Functional Manager
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese's restaurants has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, Texas for a highly motivated IT Workday Manager - HCM and Payroll.
The CEC Information technology portfolio has evolved to be largely built around third party service providers and SaaS solutions. This role must understand how to manage the planning and the delivery processes necessary to deliver excellent services to meet evolving business needs, focused on people, process and technology.
Workday Functional Manager is the “champion” for all Workday HCM related activities such as enhancement projects, Sprint deployments, weekly enhancements and biannual upgrades. Directly responsible for supporting Payroll, HCM and Financial systems, providing technical and functional solutions to users, modifying and documenting business processes, streamlining system integrations, troubleshooting system/data issues, testing new functionalities and developing payroll and HCM reports etc. This position requires a leader with an emphasis on operational excellence and continuous improvement of Workday configuration and deployment processes and procedures.
Essential Position Functions
· Preforms all duties and responsibilities in support of field services and operations. Supports the Corporate Objectives, including: “If you are not serving the guest, serve someone who is.”
· Provide day-to-day support to Payroll and HCM areas. Perform mass data loads in Workday (EIBs), proactively identify and /or correct errors in Workday business processes, employee data or data configuration and resolve the impacts of any changes to Workday processes.
· Coordinate internal/external integrations with Workday, including design, testing and troubleshooting. Monitors system integrations for errors and works with vendor to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
· Work with business to drive technology implementation of enhancements related to HCM and Payroll through all phases such as planning, requirement gathering, Process design, configuration, user acceptance testing, Go-Live etc. Manages guidelines, using sound business judgment when exceptions are needed.
· Experience in reading/writing Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD). Evaluate business requirements and ensures processes and systems drive efficient and consistent execution.
· Review transactional activities and be a strong advocate for internal change control process in HCM and Payroll areas. Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions.
· Assist in creating security models based on the key functional responsibilities of the end user to enforce that the security access to specific data is correct. Develop and execute ad hoc and custom-configured reports and provide data analysis and recommendations, as needed.
· Lead Workday releases which will include regression testing of current configurations, reports and integrations. Participates in system testing to validate the rollout of new functionality.
· Analyze current configurations and business processes, make recommendations, and reconfigure the system as needed to meet business needs.
· Take ownership of issues and seek effective resolutions. Manage multiple projects from cradle to grave.
· Able to develop a strong working relationship with different teams across the IT organization.
· Excellent customer service skills and focus.
Essential Position Qualifications
· BS/BA in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree.
· 5 to 8 years of HCM and Payroll experience from a hands-on functional perspective in Workday.
· Workday certification on HCM and Payroll is highly desired.
· Strong knowledge of Workday end to end processes and a solid functional experience.
· Experience in reading/writing Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
· Comprehensive experience in deploying and maintaining information technology systems and related services using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
For 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. As the award-winning, number-one, kid-friendly restaurant for millions of families across the world, the company and its franchisees operate a system of more than 603 Chuck E. Cheese's stores located in 47 states and 11 foreign countries and territories, and a system of more than 144 Peter Piper Pizza franchise and company-owned locations. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
* * *
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Auto req ID
1707 MARKET PLACE BLVD, SUITE 200