Northrop Grumman Senior Security Analyst 3 in Irving, Texas
Senior Security Analyst 3
Requisition ID: 17021182
Location(s): United States-Texas-Irving
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Senior Security Analyst 3. This position will be primarily located in our Technology Services Sector in Irving, TX, Lanham, MD, or McLean, VA. This will require a percentage of onsite support at customer locations in Farmers Branch, TX and New Carrollton, MD, and the exact mix of onsite and remote support will be determined during program execution.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is a global provider of innovative, cost effective solutions. From sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services, we offer a full-spectrum of support.
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile team? If so, there is a future for you to support a highly visible and strategic program at Northrop Grumman.
The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where she/he will interact with developers, testers, analysts, and other subject matter experts (SME) to provide application operations and maintenance (O&M) support including enhancements, configuration management, documentation, and deployment activities our customer’s phone and web applications environment. The team will develop and support software applications for the PC/Server/Web portal environment, such as Java, J2EE, XML, HTML, SOAP, SQL, DB2, Oracle, other object oriented language and/or other Web technologies. This support includes understanding syntax, creating, compiling, executing, testing, and debugging programs, functions, and objects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Designs, tests, and implements state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products. Conducts risk assessment and provides recommendations for application design.
• Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access. Uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research.
• May prepare security reports to regulatory agencies.
• Oversees the efforts of security staff to design, develop, engineer and implement solutions to security requirements. Responsible for the implementation and development of the IRS IT security. Gathers and organizes technical information about an organization’s mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs. Performs risk analyses which also includes risk assessment. Provide support to plan, coordinate, and implement the organization’s information security.
• Provides support for facilitating and helping agencies identify their current security infrastructure and define future programs, design and implementation of security related to IT systems.
• Provides an interface and information to the IRS FISMA team for creation and resolution of Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) related to FISMA reporting requirements and the correction of FISMA issues.
• Provides highly technical and specialized guidance, and solutions to complex security problems. Performs elaborate analyses and studies. Prepares reports and gives presentations to upper management. Works independently or as a member or a team. May serve as contractor task order Project Manager.
• Works to ensure that developers create the most secure systems in the world while enhancing the privacy of all system users. Experience with white-hat hacking and fundamental computer science concepts strongly desired.
• Responsible for performing security audits, risk analysis, application-level vulnerability testing, and security code reviews. Developing and implementing technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities. Conducting research to identify new attack vectors.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science discipline or related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
• Hold one of the following certifications: Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or equivalent.
• A working knowledge of several of the following areas is required: understanding of business security practices and procedures; knowledge of current security tools available; hardware/software security implementation; different communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools; familiarity with commercial products, and current Internet/EC technology. Provides daily supervision and direction to staff.
• Must be very knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of security.
• Must have very good oral and written communication skills in order to interact with team mates and the customer.
• Experience serving as the security engineer of complex technology implementations in a product-centric environment. Bridges the gap between legacy development or operations teams and working toward a shared culture and vision.
• Requires ability to obtain a Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI) security clearance.
• Must be either a U.S. Citizen or possess a minimum of 3 years of residency as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) in the U.S.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Currently possess an active Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI) security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Senior Security Analyst 3
Requisition ID: 17021182