RMS Computer Corporation Tier II Support Analyst in Irving, Texas
Reference # : 17-01681 Title : Tier II Support Analyst
Position Type : Contract Experience Level : 4 Years Start Date / End Date : 10/02/2017 / 07/07/2018
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
TierII Technical Support Analyst
Provide TierII Technical Support for Investment Bankbank's global network with a focus on network infrastructure in the Americas region:
85% 'Break/Fix' support of standard enterprise Cisco Internetworking Technology solutions
15% 'Break/Fix' support for Internetworking technology infrastructure solutions such as
1) Load Balancers (F5 and Citrix)
2) Juniper Routers
3) WAN Accelerators/Optimizers (Riverbed)
4) VoIP Appliances (Avaya)
5) WiFi/Wireless communications support
6) Other small pockets of both new and legacy internetworking technologies
Provide timely response to phone calls into the Technical Support hotline from internal colleagues business clients, vendors, and others.
Coordinate conference calls to conduct in depth technical reviews on ongoing incidents.
Major Incident Support
Represent on conference calls for business impacting incidents which may or may not be due to a failure in managed technology infrastructure
Drive major incident conference calls as a representative of NCIS through consistent, professional, and highly assertive communication
Maintain focus and poise for the duration of the major incident support cycle and work through all challenges with a results oriented attitude and relentless focus on enhanced customer service through rapid incident resolution
Collaborate with NCIS TierIII Support, NCIS SMEs, SDMs, Vendor Support Teams, etc, with the goal of aligning all parties towards achieving incident resolution as quickly as possible
Communicate with NCIS Management to provide frequent status updates regarding the technical issue, status of the remediation efforts, and ongoing business impact
Introspectively review NCIS operating procedures, daily support practices, major incident support, etc and provide feedback to the leadership team for the purpose of continuous service improvement and operational excellence.
Foster innovation. Work with TierIII, SMEs, SDMs, and Engineering colleagues to ensure NCIS support services stay ahead of the market. Think about what we do today versus what we should be doing tomorrow.
Drive operational efficiencies. Maintain awareness of all NCIS workflows and automation/efficiency opportunities. Utilize the wide range of tools to enhance efficiencies within NCIS Operations. Provide input to NCIS management on automation enhancements and workflow optimization opportunities.
General Attributes, Characteristics, and Capabilities
1) Highly assertive communications skills, commanding personality. Ability to engage a large audience and lead the discussion with clear, articulate, and highly assertive communication. Must be aggressive but also professional. Must show confidence in all communications so that key stake holders are not doubtful of the information being communicated.
2) Effective prioritization skills and high energy. Ability to work in a fast-paced network operations environment. Ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities and a fluctuating and potentially voluminous operational workload.
3) Ability to articulate technical information to large audience with various levels of technical knowledge base, including a business management audience that may lack a deep technical understanding of internetworking technology solutions. Ability to drive communication between business leaders and IT. Must exhibit sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information with inherent confidence.
4) High sense of urgency and commitment to exceeding customer expectations. Strong personal work ethic, inspires excellence and enthusiasm amongst peer group
5) Resilient and highly responsive in overcoming adversity, ability to work through a multitude of challenges/obstacle in order to achieve the desired end result
6) Ability to provide clear and detailed documentation of all technical troubleshooting tasks performed on all incidents in order to maintain proper continuity in a 24x7 network operations center environment.
7) Ability and willingness to operate within tightly controlled operational procedures. Proficiency in managing customer satisfaction requirements within the confines or operational procedures to achieve a suitable outcome for all stakeholders.
8) Demonstrated technical competencies and history of increased responsibilities during previous three years. Strong dedication towards continual growth and self-improvement including year-over-year progression in industry certifications and overall technical proficiencies and knowledge base.
9) Strong analytical, organizational, written and interpersonal skills
10) Perform medium complex investigation, diagnoses, resolution, recovery and closure for all network service incidents across all network technologies. These technologies include enterprise level network software and hardware components from various companies and change based on new design standards and business requirements. This intermediate level break-fix task includes all severity issues; some requiring complete resolution within minutes while others are long term in-depth reviews with many teams, businesses and vendors spanning multiple days and weeks.
11) Provide timely response to communications from the Tier II Shift Manager, internal colleagues within CTI, Investment Bank business clients, vendors, and others. Coordinate conference calls to conduct technical reviews on on-going incidents including assisting with hardware replacements, major incident troubleshooting and in-depth problem review and analysis. Drive major incident conference calls as a representative of through consistent, professional, and highly assertive communication.
12) Perform intermediate and complex operational tasks requiring independent analysis and decision making. In addition this team is responsible for creating incident resolution playbooks, training level 1 technicians across multiple technologies, reviewing monitoring alerts for event correlation and confirmation that incidents have cleared. This documentation, training and review of monitoring will be published to the Global Command Center and Level 2 globally to reduce the amount of incidents that require escalation to the network core infrastructure team or how to troubleshoot them effectively when they occur.
13) Perform complex network failover during internet service provider threat scenarios. This requires an immediate readiness, knowledge and understanding of varying threat scenarios from the "wild ", how Investment Bank's complex internet pods (Investment Bankplex) operate and advanced knowledge of routing protocols and vendor specific mitigation strategies.
14) Collect and perform mediuam to complex reviews of bit level packet captures to identify faults in the network environment including issues on non-network specific hardware and software. Use packet captures to identify and resolve issues on servers, applications, wide-area systems, local area systems, cabling, hardware and network designs.
15) Escalate issues to Level 3 and SME teams when necessary as determined by technology, business impact, risk and type of scenario. In addition, certain issues must be escalated to the shift manager on-duty immediately.
16) Assist business customers, integration and engineering on medium to complex issues and provide configuration assistance as required. This can include failing network components for COB events, critical circuit troubleshooting, capacity planning by configuring network spans or review with vendors on issues seen by engineering in lab scenarios. In addition log captures and technical documentation are required in incident tickets both internally and externally to Investment Bank in order to document clear incident path to resolution including various escalations that may be required.
17) Participate in formal and informal cross skill training from colleagues, industry experts, vendors, Investment Bank Level 3, Investment Bank SME's, the build team and leverage on the job learning from peers. Provide informal training for tier II technicians regarding hardware, software and design best-practices.
18) Create and manage end to end complex changes required in the network environment to resolve Incidents or restore standard functionality after an incident has been resolved. This includes the creation, planning, coordination and testing of various complex network configurations across all network devices
Qualifications / Requisite Knowledge Base
1) 3+ years of experience in providing network operations support. Experience supporting a network with 1000+ nodes is preferred. NOC (Network Operations Center) experience is highly preferred.
2) Intermediate level working knowledge of enterprise TCP/IP communications (IPv4, QoS, IPSEC, etc)
3) Intermediate level working knowledge of enterprise standard Ethernet media types: Fastethernet, Gigabit and TenGigabit.
4) Intermediate level working knowledge of Cisco routers and switches, WANs, (T1, T3, MPLS)
5) Intermediate level working knowledge of three of the following routing protocols: EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, RIP
6) Any of following Industry Certifications are highly preferred*:
I. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is highly preferred and required within 1 year of hire. Cisco Certified Network Associate is preferred (CCNA).
II. Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate/Specialist/Professional (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP)
III. Information Technology Infrastructure Library – Version 3 Foundations (ITIL Version 3)
*A commensurate knowledge base in absence of certification is acceptable.
7) Language Skills beyond English are a plus. Areas of need: Spanish, Portuguese.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: