Sabre Senior Software QA Engineering in Plano, Texas
Req ID: 7689
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
The Sabre Hotels team is focused on developing and maintaining the platform that supports the Hotels distribution needs of our Travel Network partners. This platform connects 170,000+ hotels to some of the world’s largest online and offline travel agencies. All the applications are high volume, multi-instance and critical.
The team is looking for a Senior QA, who is responsible to support the testing efforts; writing and executing test plans and automated test cases; identifying and tracking defects; and validating defect fixes.
Bachelor Degree required, Master’s Degree highly preferred.
Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience as an automation QA, testing API-based software platforms.
• High level understanding of Software Testing Methodology
• Expertise with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution
• Solid experience and expertise in SOAPUI and Selenium tools
• Solid experience testing with Web-based and API-based applications
• Design and execute SQL queries for data validation and test execution
• Strong understanding of UNIX/LINUX
• Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and software testing methodology, particularly in an Agile environment
• Experience in load / performance testing
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience working with Agile development methodologies, Scrum in particular
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be a good team player.
At Sabre, we are fortunate to have the resources of a large company paired with the culture of a startup. Our company culture includes casual work environments, employee amenities, flexible work arrangements, and exceptional learning opportunities. And, you will be surrounded by intelligent team members who you will be proud to call your peers.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Employee Relations Department at email@example.com
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Stay connected with Sabre Careers