USAA Voice Engineer- Junior Level in Plano, Texas
Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT USE ALL CAPS or any special characters. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
We are currently seeking talented Voice Engineer - Junior Level for our Plano, TX facility.
ABOUT USAA USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day. We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
This Job Posting is for multiple openings available in 2017.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES Performs the full range of maintenance on network(s), infrastructure, and applications; adheres to USAA rigor and established guidelines. You will also perform system monitoring, daily checks, corrective action, system refreshes, hardware replacements, software upgrades, and application modifications. You will be troubleshooting at a complex level, identifying root cause, return to service, mitigation plans, and creates/documents procedures. Evaluates, analyzes, installs, tests, configures, and administers network(s), infrastructure, and applications as well as providing a full range of testing, administration, and quality checks.
- Bachelors degree or 4 years of work experience in the Information Technology field
- 2 years experience in a technical capacity supporting a voice infrastructure or application configuration; experience installing, maintaining, and configuring network, infrastructure and applications specific to Cisco, AT&T, and Avaya.
- 2 years experience on the Cisco ICM system to include knowledge on the components, configurations and system applications
- 2 years experience with system installations and configurations on the Cisco Call Manager Voice system
- 2 years contact center integration/CTI Knowledge (CVP knowledge preferred)
- 2 years experience with SIP endpoints (prefer knowledge with Cisco Jabber softphone)
- 2 years experience with troubleshooting SIP call flows on a Cisco and SIP transport infrastructure
- 1+ years ability to interpret call manager /CTI manager SDI and SDL logs
- 1+ years experience on call recording integration
- 1+ years support and integration experience with session border controllers and session management systems
- 1+ year knowledge and experience using network protocol analyzer and SIP tracing tools
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS USAA Network Engineers transform analytics to impact our members' experiences. Collectively, we are:
• Curious and excited by new ideas • Energized by a fast-paced environment • Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology • Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated • Community-focused, dependable and committed • Exceptionally detail-oriented
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Voice Engineer- Junior Level TX-Plano R0007119