Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Cable Splicer in San Angelo, Texas
Full Time / Part-Time
CABLE SPLICER (GDFLW-17-1495-Z):
Bowhead is seeking a Cable Splicer to support the Goodfellow Air force Base in San Angelo, TX. The Cable Splicer will assist in communication support services, including operations and maintenance support of its installation and remote site distributed telecommunication,
computing, data, and network environments to include planning and service delivery. This individual must be able to perform duties and operation of tools of the trade safely and in strict compliance with OSHA rules, to work productively, multi-task and manage
priorities effectively and work both independently with little supervisory direction and as a team player using good judgment and problem solving skills.
Cable Splicer essential functions will include:
• Ensures techniques, materials, and accomplishments are according to technical standards and specifications and engineered directives.
• Repairs, and/or replaces splice cases, performs pneumatic troubleshooting to locate faulty splice cases and pressure component assemblies, using resistance measurements and pressure gradients, and determines course of signal deterioration in voice and data
circuits over cable by using test equipment.
• Interprets compressor meter readings and adjusts controls, and troubleshoots pneumatic and electrical malfunctions in cable air-dryer compressors.
• A High School Diploma or GED is required
• A minimum of five (5) year's experience performing equipment troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance for structured cabling systems is required though preference may be given to candidate(s) with one or more years’ experience installing, splicing
and servicing Cat 5, 5e, 6 and fiber optics. Any experience splicing aerial cable from bucket lift, aerial lift and/or other hoist mechanism is a plus
• A minimum of five (5) or more year’s working knowledge with Fiber Optic and Copper Cable.
• Certification in Fiber Optic Cable, Including Outside Plant Installation,
Termination (Connectors), Splicing, Testing
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the NACI/Public Trust level. US Citizenship is a requirement for admission to this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=18848
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41