Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Telecommunications Mechanic I in San Angelo, Texas
Telecommunications Mechanic I
Full Time / Part-Time
No Travel Required
TELECOMMUNICATIONS MECHANIC I (GDFLW-17-1494-Z):
Bowhead seeks a Telecommunications Mechanic I at Goodfellow AFB, TX.
The Telecommunications Mechanic I installs, removes, maintains, modifies, troubleshoots, and repairs voice and/or non-voice communications systems including intercom and public address systems; alarm systems; teletype equipment; and electronic and electromechanical
telephone key systems/PBAXs; terminal and communications equipment, including line drivers. Runs cables, key cables, or house wire to all telephone sets, terminal connectors, lugs, pins, or screws, associated with key telephone equipment and/or terminating
equipment for non-voice circuits.
Prefer global knowledge of how Base Telecommunications Services (BTS) operate under government contracts and understand working within the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
• Operate and maintain BTS equipment and systems in a serviceable condition and/or restore to a serviceable condition; including equipment purchase(s), inspection, periodic testing, adjustment, and repair.
• Maintain BTS work center records, including but not limited to, BTS Maintenance/Repair Log, PMI inspection records, cable installation/repair test results, other required records applicable to the task order.
• Preventive Maintenance Inspections, including but not limited to, switch power tests and spare conduct / fiber strand test
• Ability to install, remove, maintain, modify, troubleshoot, and repair voice and/or non-voice communications systems including intercom and public address systems; alarm systems; teletype equipment; and electronic and electromechanical telephone key systems/PBAXs;
terminal and communications equipment, including line drivers.
• Ability to work productively, multi-task and manage priorities effectively.
• Ability to perform duties and operation of tools of the trade safely and in strict compliance with OSHA rules.
• Ability to work both independently with little supervisory direction and as a team player using good judgment and problem solving skills customer service solutions and interact with coworkers and clients in a courteous
• Must be punctual and flexible regarding scheduled and non-scheduled service requirements.
• Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency.
• Must possess a strong desire to provide excellent and professional manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree, preferred. High School Diploma or GED, required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in telephone installation including voice/data communications equipment.
• Telecommunications Technician Certificate
• Prefer technology services experience in a government technology environment.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust level. US Citizenship is a requirement for this location.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the individual is:
• Regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, move, manipulate or feel objects; talk and/or hear and taste and/or smell.
• Frequently required to stand and/or walk and routinely required to reach with hands and arms.
• Routinely required to stand, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or squat.
• Frequently required to lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
• Often exerts similar effort in pushing, pulling and positioning parts assemblies and equipment.
• Frequently lifts and moves heavier items with the assistance of other workers or with lifting devices such as jacks hoists and cranes.
• Frequently required to ascend and descend ladders and telephone poles while carrying 20 – 30 pounds of equipment. Using appropriate safety measures, the individual frequently balances on a ladder or telephone pole while working with telephone equipment.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=18847
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41