USAA Business Intelligence Analyst in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
A newly formed data and analytics team that will provide support for program and project reporting, develop and maintain scorecards/dashboards and lead ad hoc analysis for Banking and Insurance Solutions (BIS) leadership.
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in consultation to users and in cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
We are currently seeking talented Business Intelligence Analyst I for our San Antonio, TX or Remote facility.
- Gathers complex business requirements by defining the business problem and data requirements.
- Utilizes an intermediate understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead the design, development and implementation of decision support solutions, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection.
- Partners with the business operations to ensure effective design of decision support solutions.
- Develops innovative approaches to address complex business problems and solutions.
- Partners with IT to influence the design, alignment, and implementation of technical standards to address appropriate business solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Computer Science or a related discipline or technical field. Four years work experience in information management or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required. OR A Master's Degree in Math, Computer Science or a related discipline. OR A PhD in Math, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 4+ years experience in data management or information technology function OR If Master's degree, 2+ years experience in data management or information technology function OR If PhD, 1+ years experience in data management or information technology function.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- SQL programming experience
- SAS experience
- Business Objects development experience
- Data visualization experience
- Data experience with one or more of the following subject areas: call center, human resources, member interaction and product acquisition.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/11/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.
IMPORTANT: External Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
Business Intelligence Analyst TX-San Antonio R0011978