Valero Business Systems Support Analyst 1 - Vendor Invoice Management in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Assists in the design, specification, implementation, and maintenance of Financial systems applications. Requires close supervision in the directing, preparing, coding, testing, and debugging of computer programs. Assists in the discussion and preparation of solutions to the day-to-day user queries. Ensures the adherence of business policies and procedures.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify basic information systems.
- Prepares simple specifications from which programs will be written. Assists to design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain those programs.
- Works on some phases of applications systems analysis and software systems programming applications given specific instruction.
- Provides routine information technology advice and services to internal clients.
- Provides on-site support of computing equipment and software, to include simple needs analysis, configuration, installation, moves, and changes for supported locations.
- Performs basic research and repair activity, including vendor coordination, necessary to insure computer service for supported locations.
- Assists with identifying, isolating, and repairing equipment and software effecting computer network service to supported locations.
- Tests basic applications and equipment under direct supervision with test scripts developed by others.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with VIM (Vendor Invoice Management) to include hands-on configuration and troubleshooting and debugging required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience integrating SAP FI with MM for Procure-to-Pay implementations required.
- Effective communication skills to interact with internal and external contacts as well as all levels of management required.
- Experience integrating and/or implementing KOFAX or ICC (Image Capture Center) preferred.
- Experience with IAP (Invoice Approval Process) preferred.
- Experience with VIM upgrades preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of I/S experience with scripting languages, Microsoft Office products, relational databases, Windows Operating Systems, and/or direct computing support activities including knowledge of equipment, application software, and operating system software preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.4 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2017, 4:16:38 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 17001KF