Valero Business Systems Support Analyst 2 (KV/PCW) in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Provide support for Valero's commercial computer-based enterprise business solutions as part of the Information Services (IS) Commercial Systems team. Under general supervision, will work in close collaboration with team members, end users and other IS departments in a dynamic work environment to meet the changing support requirements. Primary focus will be support work, but will also be involved in the design and implementation of projects.
- Primary focus is to support assigned commercial applications and business users as an individual contributor. This includes the use of Valero's system to track support activities;
- Participate on the design and implementation of commercial projects as an individual contributor, as required;
- Work on or assists with basic tasks for the deployment of new solutions and enhancements/fixes to existing solutions. This includes, but is not limited to: trouble-shooting, problem-solving, issue resolution, user interaction, training, defining systems scope, gathering requirements, documenting design & functional specifications, research and fact-finding, configuration, testing, reporting, cutover, IS and business user coordination;
- Develop cross-functional relationships with business users, IS departments and Valero business partners;
- Learn or demonstrate comprehensive knowledge or experience with at least one business process and associated application integration;
- Help coordinate the adoption of new business procedures resulting from system/application changes, including the development of system specifications, documentation, training, and communication plans;
- Perform analysis on and recommends quality basic solutions to business processes;
- Learn and follow the various IT methodologies which include project management, development, service management and system architecture.
The minimum requirements for the position of Business Systems Support Analyst 2 are a Bachelor’s degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field; and a minimum of three (3) years of refinery industry or business/IT experience. Working knowledge on the SAP’s IS-Oil module: Formula & Average Pricing (F&A), Exchanges, Traders & Schedulers Workbench (TSW).
Experience with implementing the following SAP MM(Materials Management) Procurement and Inventory Management functions: - Vendor and Material Master - Outline Agreements - Purchase Orders - Service Orders - Intercompany Purchases - Stock Transfers - Pricing - Material Movements - Inventory Valuation - MM Account Determination - Invoice Verification
Experience with debugging ABAP programming
Implementation of the following SAP SD(Sales & Distribution) functions: - Sales contracts - Sales Order Processing - Pricing - Logistics Execution - Billing - Account Determination - Output
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.4 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Sep 14, 2017, 10:43:28 AM
Unposting Date: Oct 17, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: 17001IN