Valero Business Systems Support Specialist - Vendor Invoice Management in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Designs, implements and provides support for computer-based enterprise business solutions for Valero’s Trading, Supply, Transportation and Marketing functions as part of the Information Services (IS) Commercial Systems team. Works in close collaboration with team members, end users and other IS departments in a dynamic work environment to meet the changing support requirements with little to no supervision.
- Provides support for assigned commercial applications as an individual contributor.
- Performs business analysis on and recommends quality complex solutions for business processes.
- Works on moderately complex tasks for the deployment of new solutions and enhancements/fixes to existing solutions. These include, but is not limited to: trouble-shooting, problem-solving, issue resolution, user interaction, training, defining systems scope, gathering requirements, documenting design & functional specifications, research and fact-finding, configuration, testing, reporting, cutover, IS and business user coordination.
- Demonstrates an ability to rapidly learn new business processes and assess gaps between those processes and business initiatives. Also displays an ability to retain process knowledge and apply towards understanding integration impact with existing and new processes.
- Develops effective work relationships at various job levels with business users, IS departments and Valero business partners.
- Develops and maintains test plans for systems as required. Coordinate testing and document results.
- Completes unit testing system changes before production loads.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of the best solution from many possible alternatives, to handle various business needs as they arise.
- Assists in the coordination of the adoption of new business procedures resulting from system improvements, through the development of documentation, training, and communication plans.
- Understands and applies the various IT methodologies which include project management, development, service management and system architecture.
- May be required to work off-hours and on weekends for projects and/or support.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of refinery industry or business/IT experience utilizing SAP-MM required.
- Experience with SAP ECC 6.0 or higher required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with VIM (Vendor Invoice Management) to include hands-on configuration and troubleshooting and debugging required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience integrating SAP FI with MM for Procure-to-Pay implementations required.
- Experience integrating and/or implementing KOFAX or ICC (Image Capture Center) preferred.
- Experience with IAP (Invoice Approval Process) preferred.
- Experience with VIM upgrades preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.4 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2017, 4:17:13 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 17001KG