USAA Database Administrator in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented NoSQL Database Administrator – Mid Level for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX or Remote facility.
Participates in the analysis, design, modeling, development, implementation and maintenance of databases on a variety of information technology platforms. Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex to complex work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes, or channels. Performs multiple team roles (team member, team co-leader) in the delivery of technical solutions.
*ABOUT USAA *
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of database design and management including modeling, creation and maintenance of database objects.
- Applies in-depth understanding of database tools and utilities and at least one DBMS platform, as well as highly developed SQL and database performance tuning skills.
- Performs evaluation, modification and integration functions associated with vendor supplied database software.
- Ensures business continuity by developing and implementing highly available database systems and database recovery plans and
- procedures. Liaises with database software vendors and external technical support on issues.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years relevant database design or administration and/or systems/development life cycle experience.
- Experience with technical programming languages and/or database design or database management systems.
- Cassandra administration experience using OpsCenter.
- Experience deploying Couchbase Mobile Sync Gateway.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and/or OpenShift.
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools, such as Splunk.
- Experience with data migration to NoSQL solutions and within NoSQL deployments.
- Experience with general RDBMS and high-availability solutions on Linux.
USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000+ employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Database Administrator TX-San Antonio R0010682