USAA IT-Security Auditor in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced IT/Security Auditor for our San Antonio, TX Or Plano, TX facility.
The IT/Security Auditor I performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution for risk-based assurance and advisory engagements in the field of business operations, finance, compliance and/or information technology. Performs one or more of the following activities: risk and control identification and evaluation, advanced audit techniques, data retrieval, research and analysis, and client meetings and interviews. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' Standards and Code of Ethics.
This particular position will support IT/Security Audits.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In 2016, USAA Federal Savings Bank was awarded the Banker of the Year® award!
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, World's Most Admired Companies® (2014 to 2016) and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
About USAA Audit Team
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Internal Audit function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Audit team! We are a diversified team of audit professionals, working across all USAA operations, seeing the incredible growth first-hand. USAA Audit Services affords you the ability to see USAA’s Mission in action on a daily basis. In this role you are part of USAA’s noble mission.
- Completes risk-based activities associated with internal audit engagements, with limited to no supervision in support of execution of the annual audit plan. Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Performs (and at times, prepares, reviews and leads) special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators. Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Utilizes various business systems, applications, and audit tools and may create queries and ad hoc reports. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn. Conducts fact finding interviews with client management.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and develops recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related observations (business issues) and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership and conducts follow-up activities as defined in the observations.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- 4 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business experience
- Bachelor's degree or six years of additional relevant experience in lieu of a degree
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 6 years experience in large financial services IT internal audit department, or equivalent IT audit experience to include top tier firm (Big 4, Protiviti, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls, business and information technology risks and/or audit techniques in a large financial services organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory environment for relevant industry
- Advanced knowledge of ITGCs, Cyber Security, Mobile, Virtualization, WebSphere as well as IT infrastructure including databases, networks, operating systems
- Experience with audit engagement support tools including electronic workpapers
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- Preferred designations include CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CISSP (Certified Information Security Systems Professional), CFSA (Certified Financial Services Auditor) or other relevant business designation
USAA's most valuable resource is our 29,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/17/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.
IMPORTANT: External Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
IT-Security Auditor TX-San Antonio R0012335