USAA Salesforce-Apex Developer in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT USE ALL CAPS or any special characters. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
We are currently seeking talented Salesforce - Apex Developer for our San Antonio or Plano, TX facility.
Software Developers and Integrators (SDIs) are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. SDIs primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, SDIs participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs. This role is occupied by those who display expertise within their respective areas of specialization that enable them to lead and influence technical direction with an appropriate awareness of decisions and resulting impacts on business and technical objectives. Incumbents effectively evaluate and analyze situations or problems and are expected to exercise judgment in the selection of methodologies, techniques, and evaluation criteria for achieving objectives and results. In addition; Incumbents have productive and solid working relationships with internal and third party team members and, on behalf of management, delegate technical work package.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
Performs professional duties in support of operations for the functional area assigned. Applies advanced functional knowledge to produce complex work deliverables in support of departmental initiatives. Manages broad functional and Enterprise projects and/or participates as a SME project resource on larger initiatives. Identifies opportunities and facilitates significant improvements to processes and systems. Performs complex tasks under minimal supervision and has discretion to deviate from established procedures and guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of work experience in the Information Technology field.
- 6+ years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical and functional understanding within specific I/T discipline(s)/technology(s) - i.e., Java.
- Experience leading software development teams (internal and/or third party) is required.
- Passion to work with Salesforce including general configuration activities and development of visual force pages, apex classes and apex triggers.
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- 4+ years with Salesforce including general configuration activities and development of visual force pages, apex classes and apex triggers.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce API integration.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce Chatter.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce Mobile.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM.
USAA Salesforce Developers create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committee
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Salesforce-Apex Developer TX-San Antonio R0006006