Planned Systems International, Inc. Trainer (DoD Clinical Information Systems) in San Antonio, Texas
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The candidate's core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Providing formal and informal on the job training, classroom training, virtual training, computer based training and over the shoulder training, to support functional users requiring assistance in implementing, using, and integrating the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Integrated Clinical Database (ICDB), MiCare, and Essentris programs into the military medical clinical business process.
- Conducting business process reengineering activities within individual clinics, to include initial assessment, to-be recommendations, and training development and delivery of new processes.
- Providing records of training activities including: training needs assessments, training attendance records, OJT records and student critiques.
- Communicating effectively across the training team and with various stakeholders.
- Collecting, organizing and evaluating clinical, functional and training metrics.
- Performing configuration, implementation and maintenance support for the AHLTA, CHCS, ICDB, MiCare, and Essentris program applications.
- Performing measurement, analysis, research, and monitoring tasks to include ad hoc reporting.
- Managing of user account set up and maintenance, as well as class room instruction and over the shoulder support.
- Providing troubleshooting and analysis support to the clinicians and MTF stakeholders.
- Experience in working with the AHLTA, CHCS, ICDB, MiCare or Essentris systems as a trainer.
- U.S. High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) mandatory.
- Minimum Associate’s Degree or equivalent job experience (3 years).
- Experience must include 2 years on the job experience in medical and/or computer training.
- Minimum 18 months previous experience training and/or using an electronic medical record (EMR) mandatory; experience using clinical systems (as a healthcare provider or Trainer) strongly desired.
- Personnel must possess demonstrated knowledge of medical business processes and operations through previous job experience.
- Personnel must be capable of providing formal and informal implementation guidance, integration, and change management support tasks (on the job training, formal and informal classroom and over the shoulder training) in a dynamic and interpersonal setting to support functional users (medical and dental providers) requiring assistance in implementing, using, and integrating clinical systems and its increments into the military medical clinical business process.
- Understanding of data communications standard, Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), Internet WWW, and Internet Working technologies.
- Have a basic understand of Air Force training materials and guidelines.
- Personnel must be fluent (written and verbal) with medical and dental terminology.
- US citizenship mandatory (based upon MHS network access requirements). Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust designation.
Additional Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Healthcare provider (Nurse Practioner (NP), Physician’s Assistant (PA), nurse, medical/dental technician) experience.
- Professional training and education experience highly desirable.
- Prior U.S. Military Service preferred.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including: Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans. NOTE TO JOB SERVICE:VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.