Sabre Senior Software Development in Southlake, Texas
Req ID: 16603
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Sabre AirVision Revenue Manager is an airline decision support system designed to assist airlines to maximize the revenue performance of each flight or market. We are in need of strong GUI developers whose primary focus is to produce high quality code that meets our customer’s needs. Selected individuals will work with a small team in a fast paced Scrum environment where values are placed in quality, automation, teamwork and great technology. Our team has innovative, fast paced work environment. Working with us you’ll have the chance to work on a broad range of technologies & work with over 50 airlines around the world.
• Work with our product team and customers to understand the product goals. Communicate to the UX design team the requirements from a design perspective.
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex applications
• Design intuitive, responsive, user friendly interfaces for our applications across multiple device type and form factors
• Lead a team of UX designers and deliver designs including Wireframes, Prototypes, Interaction design on time
• Work with companywide design standard team to align application design with brand standards. Ability to identify and prioritize changes to application design for brand alignment and consistency
• Provide creativity and expertise on best practices and evolving trends that optimize user experience
• Actively participate in product feature and design discussions with our internal teams and our customers
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
• Lead by example; mentor others on best practices.
• Passion to learn and develop the best solutions in the industry.
• Design and specify the product experience using iterative design techniques including design studios, customer interviews and usability testing
• Produce design deliverables such as sketches, scenarios, wireframes, mental models and prototypes
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
• Help define and maintain a global patterns and guidelines library
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years of related experience
• Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
• Proven ability to lead a team. Ability to work in a collaborative team based environment
• Ability to work with different teams – Product, Companywide design and brand standards team, to design portfolio solutions
• Ability to effectively communicate progress and vision across different levels of leadership
• Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
• Experience with creating wireframes and mock ups (Axure, Balsamiq)
• Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Background in visual design highly desired
• Experience in rapid prototyping a plus
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
At Sabre, we are fortunate to have the resources of a large company paired with the culture of a startup. Our company culture includes casual work environments, employee amenities, flexible work arrangements, and exceptional learning opportunities. And, you will be surrounded by intelligent team members who you will be proud to call your peers.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Employee Relations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Stay connected with Sabre Careers