Frontier Communications Project Management Manager in ALLEN, Texas
ITProject Management Manager
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available atwww.frontier.com.
Provide leadership to the project management team and enforce standards of the project management policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will have a strong working background in Information Technology and be comfortable addressing and resolving complex problems. We are seeking someone with the ability to blend enterprise technology with timely and effective business solutions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engages business partners to develop project/portfolio roadmap, including project definition/intake, project impact/valuation and prioritization, to align to company goals.
- Provides timely and accurate project portfolio reporting and visibility. Conducts recurring review meetings of the portfolio and IT plan.
- Ensures project data and documentation is regularly updated in PMO tools and kept current to ensure accurate communication of project status. Ensures project status is concise and uses business terminology.
- Responsible for delivering projects within committed timelines, on budget, and with approved scope.
- Lead team meetings and effectively work with project team members for planning, risk analysis and project gaps.
- Responsible for forecasting and planning of team by developing, maintaining and implementing day to day operational plans for their project management team.
- Provides guidance, leadership and fosters collaboration with project team, internal departments/business units, customers and vendors to ensure project/team goals are met.
- Escalates and engages appropriate leadership/key project stakeholders to resolve significant issues that will impact project deadlines, as needed.
- Assists the PMO in standardizing policies and procedures and introducing “best practices” across organizational projects.
- Ensures all project managers understand and utilize the PMO published project management governance policies and processes on all projects.
- Prepares and presents projects for financial approval according to defined PMO processes.
- Monitors project spend, prepares and presents to PMO Finance project/portfolio forecast and required change requests.
- Identify and promote cost savings across projects to align with organizational goals
- Facilitates the collaboration of team goals and objectives which align with those of the corporation and responsible for communicating that as needed
- Conducts performance reviews and provides training and coaching for growth and advancement.
- Provides day to day management to and coaching of team supervisors and project managers who oversee the implementation of large project initiatives.
- Manages team’s project workload including receiving project requests and assigning projects to team members.
- Ensures that every member of their team has the appropriate systems access, training, tools, process, and protocol documentation needed to perform their applicable function.
- Manages the development, measurement, motivation and cooperation of employees on their team.
- Ensures all employees participate in and complete all required training.
- Bachelor’s degree and five to seven years as a Project Manager is desired.
- Experience as a Team Leader/Software Developer with specific business knowledge within the Telecommunications Industry is desirable
- SDLC and project management experience in requirements management, project planning and control, systems design, development, testing and data controls.
- A thorough understanding of project management principles, sufficient to manage large IT projects
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES / LICENSES
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
DESIRED WORK TRAITS & SKILLS
Seasoned manager with direct management experience, proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS project, MS PowerPoint, and Visio. Customer driven and a team player, with strong interpersonal and customer interface skills. Excellent organizational and analytical skills, is process and detailed oriented as well as be a self-starter who is highly motivated to obtain goals/results. The manager should have the ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, amongst various levels of the organization. Ability to work and prioritize in a fast-paced changing environment while coordinating multiple projects simultaneously is necessary. Alignment and prioritization of projects with the strategic goals of the company is a key skill for this role within the organization. Financial experience to effectively manage project and portfolio financials.
Frontier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information please visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Frontier’s new LinkedIn group highlights what is happening within the technology industryand also showcases the opportunities available at Frontier. We encourage you to become a member and share it with your network connections as well. The page will show trends which are emerging within technology, and as a member of the group you will alsohave the ability to share questions, ideas, or articles with the rest of the community.
It is simple and fast to become a member! Click the link below and then log into LinkedIn using your email and password. Once you are logged in you will be directed to the group landing page, and in thetop right-hand corner of the page you will see a “Join” button. After selecting, you will have access within a few hours.
Join our LinkedIn Group, Frontier Technology: Networking, Forum, and Jobs.