Abraxas Corporation Principal (Full Stack) Software Engineer in Austin, Texas
Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations.
At Cubic Transportation System (CTS)/Nextbus, we are building the next generation of transit solutions and we believe that Transit Management as a Service (TMaaS) will enable the next generation of transit environments and provides Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) capabilities for managing transit systems. We will achieve our vision by: Empowering travelers with richer information in more places. Proactively managing on-time performance for better customer satisfaction and Fully integrating transit information, operations and payments.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at NextBus! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The manager is focusing on strong AWS technologies experience. We are looking for a senior person that has built systems using Lamda and micro-service technologies.
Works with an Agile team to design, implement, and debug complete systems.
Develops software independently and acts as technical consultant or project leader on complex software engineering assignments. Provides technical guidance and leadership. Applies fundamentals of software engineering to assist in the creation of new software technologies. Participates in relevant aspects of application design with software engineers and program management. Provides product/project coordination and supervision. Defines budget and schedule constraints.
This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs
• Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations
• Participates in the design, development, planning, modification and/or improvement of software operational systems
• Researches programming system failures and designs and programs solutions
• Performs complex analysis of design programming
• Performs system analysis
• Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs, specifications and test plans for systems and equipment based on customer/contract requirements
• Researches design concepts and feasibility utilizing advanced technical theory and knowledge
• Coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing of proposal documents
• Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedule and technical approaches
• Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment
• Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Tests software and documents results
• Prepares development software, codes software and designs specific enhancements
• Maintains liaison with customer, subcontractor and vendor representatives
• Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
• Conducts in-house design reviews and technical meetings
• Makes presentations before management and customers
• Monitors project status and progress and measures system performance
• Manages budget and schedule for software engineering tasks
• Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering
• Identifies software engineering process improvements, and supports the execution of them across the organization
• Participates in total quality management/continuous process improvement teams
• Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
This job is at a cleared facility, we can only hire US persons at this site. A US person is either a US citizen or a Permanent resident.Four-year college degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related technical discipline plus a minimum of eight years of related experience or a master’s degree with six years of related experience. Demonstrable ability in several of the following areas: Node.js, Java, and AWS Services such as Lambda Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, interface with customers, subcontractors and vendors. Must be able to solve complex and difficult engineering problems. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products desirable.
May be required to travel domestically and internationally
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is the parent company of three major businesses, Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense (CGD), and Cubic Mission Solutions (CMS). CTS is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide. CGD is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. CMS provides networked Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence, security, and commercial missions. All three of our businesses provide innovative technology and an integrated approach to systems and services for government and commercial customers around the globe. This integration ensures our customers receive streamlined operations and strategy, cost-efficiency and speed to market.
Cubic was founded in San Diego, California in 1951 and has since built a global reputation for enhancing customer value. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $1.462 billion, Cubic is proud to have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employs 8,500+ people worldwide. To learn more about Cubic please watch the video at this link:
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf , We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law
For more information on Equal Employment please visit: