General Motors Take 2 - Career Relauncher - Associate Mainframe Systems Programmer - INF0020677 in Austin, Texas
Please only apply if you do not need sponsorship to work in the United States. We are unable to consider applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future.
University and/or College Students need not apply.
About the Take 2 Program
General Motors is looking for experienced professionals who took an employment break of two or more years in their field and are looking to re-launch their careers!
The Take 2 program is a 12-week professional internship through which you’ll polish your skills, acquire new ones, and restore the confidence you need to launch a new phase in your professional journey.
Take advantage of comprehensive training, technical and professional development opportunities, company-wide networking, and personalized mentoring/coaching. Take 2 will prepare you for a full-time career in critical roles at GM, a global leader in the automotive industry!
Are you ready to rise to the challenge, are you Made for More?
About GM Information Technology
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
In short, we're currently seeking the next generation of game changers to help usher in a new age of automotive IT innovation. Are you ready to rise to the challenge, are you Made for More?
Join our team and experience Information Technology at scale and pace.
As a Take 2 Associate Mainframe Developer, you will have the opportunity to help create the future of the automobile industry and relaunch your career. The Take 2 internship program will prepare you for a full-time career in a highly competitive IT field at GM, a global leader in the automobile industry.
About the Associate Mainframe Systems Programmer Internship
This Mainframe Systems Programmer will be trained to build, support and maintain a diverse mainframe environment to house business critical workloads. This qualified candidate must be able to describe complex environments in both detailed technical terms and executive briefings. They will be able to survey across their assigned domain to ensure cohesive, supportable, elegant solutions that drive cost effectiveness with technical innovation all while adhering to GM IT standards.
- Minimum (2) two year career gap.
- Is currently unemployed or is employed but not within the respective field which they exited.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of information technology experience in large scale enterprise environment.
- Career track record of engineering, developing, deploying, and/or maintaining technology based solutions.
- Proven experience with a variety of hardware, operating systems, technology stacks, and database technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate alternatives, mediate opposing viewpoints, and negotiate equitable outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and remediate problem situations in a large scale environment.
- Demonstrated experience in application programming, operations, or systems support.
Preferred technical competencies:
- Prior experience as a mainframe developer using COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, CICS, CA7, ENDEVOR
- IMS, DB2, DB2 LUW (or UDB) DBMS
- Rexx, Assembler languages
- CA (Computer Associates) and IBM Mainframe Tools
- zOS, Unix
- Knowledge of other IBM Mainframe products and features, e.g., InfoSphere, MQ, CICS
- Knowledge of Mainframe security – ACF2
- Knowledge of Mainframe scheduling, automation, and operations