TEKsystems Practice Architect (Adobe) in Dallas, Texas
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values- relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
TEKsystems is dedicated to leading and advancing the digital transformation interests of our customers. The Adobe Practice Architect plays a critical role by providing leadership and expertise with their knowledge and experience in Adobe technologies including Analytics, Campaign, Target, Information Architecture, enterprise integrations and related CMS technologies.
Key Accountabilities and Priorities
Leads AEM projects and engagements through the initial discovery and analysis of functional and non-functional requirements, the design of conceptual and logical architectures and the governance of the CMS development and testing activities.
Responsible for the team's adherence to BoB architectural direction and standards including the design, documentation, and implementation of components, software, and layers related to the CMS systems and the integrations with back-end systems and services.
Assists project team with interviewing, hiring, and on-boarding of team members. Mentors and coaches team members in design, coding, and software engineering practices throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle.
Performs client relationship management through
* Acting as an "Adobe AEM technology & process consultant"
* Participation in Advisory & Steering meetings
* Coaching through change management activities related to CMS system implementations
* Involvement with budgeting cycles
Participate in pre-sales activities, including opportunity qualification (size, technology fit, delivery location, risk), development of proposed architecture, scope and estimation of work.
Work with Pre-Sales team to understand client business and technical requirements and assist in proposal preparation, development and delivery.
Work with Digital Director to define and design services and offerings related to CMS development and the Adobe suite of tools. Create and maintain practice offerings and artifacts that document key methods, processes and delivery tools.
Assist in the research of new capabilities and features of the Adobe Experience Cloud toolset and analyze competing offerings to ensure the practice is current and competitive within the market.
Required Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree /4-year college degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
* 2+ years of experience as an AEM Architect designing AEM solutions.
* 5+ years of development experience in developing Content Management Systems including features such as multi-site and multi-channel delivery, personalization / targeting, content aggregation and syndication, multi-lingual support, automated workflow management and social media.
* 10+ years' experience designing, delivering and deploying Software solutions with focus on Web development and mobile with technologies like Java/J2EE.
* Experience with Adobe Experience Cloud, Analytics, Mobile Services and LiveCycle.
* Experience working with an Agile methodology and iterative development.
* Experience with practices such as unit testing, static analysis, and build automation.
* Well versed with different technologies like Java, Java Script, jQuery, HTML5, JSP, XML and web services development using RESTful implementations. Must be able to still code.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
* Have strong interpersonal skills such as effective listening, empathy, patience and the ability to interface with customers.
* Must be able to code when required
* Ability to quickly understand business and technical context in diverse customer environments.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work effectively across an organization.
* Ability to effectively document/design complex software design approaches and suggests alternative solutions.
* Ability to provide leadership, prioritize/assign tasks and influence outcomes in matrixed teams.
* Ability to report team metrics of tasks assigned/completed (when applicable).
* Team player with ability to work individually.
* "Embrace the Unknown" ability - Desire to continually learn and explore new tools, concepts and ideas and then share them with the rest of the team.
Nice to Have Skills and Qualifications
* Experience with continuous integration, build and source management strategies (e.g. branching patterns) and tools such as Git, Jenkins and Circle CI including configuration, deployment and orchestration patterns
Experience with developing artifacts, accelerators, frameworks, and collaterals around Digital Marketing solutions.
* Experience with eCommerce systems, Marketing Campaigns, Media
Knowledge of other CMS tools like SharePoint, Drupal, Documentum and others.
* Experience with Sitecore 7/8.0 and above or Sitecore Experience Platform
About TEKsystems :
Join TEKsystems and get your career on the fast track. As one of North America's premiere IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services companies, we provide solutions that work. We actively seek talented IT professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support critical engagements at client sites worldwide. Because of our industry-specific focus, knowledge and connections, we can share highly desirable positions you might not otherwise know about. From customized training and flexible hiring options, to dedicated teams of recruiters working to find you the right opportunity, TEKsystems specializes in IT career management.
TEKsystems, Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.