Rose International INC Technical Writer in Grand Prairie, Texas
Position Title: Technical Writer
Position Number: 280169
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Desired Skill Set:
Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Technical Writer, XML, XSLT
*C2C IS NOT ALLOWED*
“Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates. XSLT, XML, TECHNICAL WRITER, MICROSOFT PROJECT, MICROSOFT EXCEL, ADOBE ACROBAT”
Title: Technical Editor/Writer
Work Location: GRAND PRAIRIE, TX
Contract- 1 year
Technical Publications Writer Technical Writer that provides a wide array of technical documentation written to Military Specifications. Primary responsibilities include developing and validating Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs), Depot Maintenance Work Requirements (DMWRs), Repair Parts and Special Tools Lists (RPSTLs), procedural art and illustrated graphics all developed to applicable Military Specifications. Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work well in a team environment. Must be flexible with outstanding work ethic and possess the ability to respond quickly to company and client needs. Must be able to interface with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to verify and understand technical concepts and develop courses of action to ensure project completion is on time and within budget. Candidate must be familiar with layout, design and structure of Organizational, Intermediate and Depot level Technical Manuals (TM''s)'' including Operation and Maintenance, Theory of Operation, Fault Isolation Procedures, and Illustrated Parts Breakdowns (IPB''s). Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and software description documents. Candidate must be willing to work overtime as required. Some travel may be required.
Candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, Abilities to read and interpret Engineering drawings, schematics Strong teaming skills. Be flexible with an outstanding work ethic and possess the ability to respond quickly to internal and external customer requirements. Must have 2-3 years of professional experience Must have experience/working knowledge of the following:
• Extensible Markup Language (XML)
• Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformation (XSLT)
• MIL-STD-40051-1 and MIL-STD-40051-2 preferably Revision B
• MIL-STD-2361C or later release
• Arbor text Editor including Styler (5.4 or higher)
• UltraEdit or similar
• Adobe Acrobat Pro
• Content Management Systems such as WindChill Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)Must be familiar with layout, design and structure of Organizational, Intermediate and Depot level Technical Manuals (TM''s)'' including Operation and Maintenance, Theory of Operation, Fault Isolation Procedures, and Illustrated Parts Breakdowns (IPB''s). Ability to produce illustrations using graphics tools such as ISO draw, Autrotrol or similar graphics tools Ability to acquire and verify content and illustrations by coordinating across Engineering Disciplines, observing production methods, referring to engineering drawings, notes, manuals, and similar publications. Ability to write using clear and concise language that adheres to customer-established standards and conventions. Ability to write technical content for maintenance technical manuals including installation, test, repair, and troubleshooting procedures.
Experience with Electronics, Hydraulics and Mechanical Systems Experience with Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS)/ High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) past experience working with US Army or other Military publications Interactive Authoring and Display System (IADS) 4.0 or later Electronic Maintenance System (EMS) Next Generation (NG) Bachelors or Master''s Degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)