U.S. Bank Senior Application Architect in Irving, Texas
U.S. Bank is seeking a motivated Senior Application Architect with technical design and architecture experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
• Development of the solution architecture and blueprints on which project functional and non-functional requirements can be met. Ensure that non-functional requirements are appropriately defined. Provide leadership to developers during technical design preparation.
• Lead the mapping of the solution architecture to the chosen technology platform. Define application components, platforms, interfaces, development tools, and testing approaches.
• Provide technical guidance to application development teams. Consult on integration and conversion activities. Recommend redesign or redevelopment. Select technologies that provide long-term compatibility and flexibility.
• Determine appropriate strategies regarding long-term technology direction. Ensure alignment with Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Strategy, Information Security, Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Planning, etc. and compliance with technology standards.
• Review, analyze, and understand business line needs and goals for the purpose of incorporating into overall strategies and the design, development, and implementation of solutions.
• May lead, provide direction, and coordinate activities of other solution architects.
• Lead evaluation of vendor products to determine conformance with bank technical standards and appropriate fit with business needs and strategic direction.
• Provide leadership to developers during performance tuning and troubleshooting.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
Leaders at U.S. Bank consistently demonstrate integrity and ethics, maturity and resilience, and inspire trust and confidence among their teams. Our leaders are strong communicators who promote collaborative relationships, influence others, and value the diversity of backgrounds and ideas among their employees.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 5 years experience with the concepts, philosophies and tools behind the design of applications, information and underlying information technologies.
-At least 10 years experience with developing and implementing applications.
Languages: C, C# and Java
Database: MS SQL, Oracle and/or DB2
Web Services: Tibco, WCFI, SOAP, REST, Oracle Service Bus
UI: Responsive web design
IBM WebSphere and MS .Net architecture
Extensive experience in:
-System development life cycle
-Application development tools
-On-line txn processing tools
-Product and vendor evaluation
-Information security management
-User interface design
-Business process modeling
Subject matter expert in:
-Application delivery process
-Application design, architecture
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180013181
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.