TEKsystems Senior Big Data Engineer in Irving, Texas
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values - relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market. We have an immediate need for an energetic, motivated Senior Big Data Engineer who is passionate about the application of Big Data solutions. Your knowledge, ideas and guidance will play a major role in delivering successful Big Data projects.
Senior Big Data Engineer
Senior Big Data Engineer is responsible for managing multiple Big Data consulting, architecture and delivery of big data projects teams/programs. The Senior Big Data Engineer provides consulting and delivery assurance and hands-on working experience with the following:
- Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Pig Sqoop and Oozie
- Experience working on AWS, Azure or other cloud providers for big data
- Excellent communication skills in order to lead the client engagement
- Experience working in real-time data ingestion is required
For a Senior Big Data Engineer, these engagements will typically be delivered for a North America customer or at the customer location, usually North American based. They are expected to have adequate level skills required for complex deliverable-based, fully outsourced, or extremely large scale engagements or programs and contribute input to a larger cross-functional project/program. This role may require up to 70% travel. Key Accountabilities and Priorities: Big Data Solution Delivery
- Gain a clear understanding of customers' business requirements and their technical requirements based upon the developed solution and agreed statement of work (SOW).
- Understand, develop, and mature the solution design by collaborating with customers and stakeholders to manage their expectations and resolve project, stakeholder, and delivery issues in a timely manner.
- Facilitate internal communication and coordinate the assembly of a delivery team for new engagements to include practice support, delivery and account team members.
- Consolidate delivery status and agreed costing information across the project stakeholders.
- Ensure delivery escalation procedures are addressed and communicated to client, consultants, and managers.
- Implement knowledge management strategy and communicate process and procedures for knowledge transfer from sales/solutions to delivery.
- Perform delivery risk and issue management and facilitate issue resolution with proper notification to all affected parties.
- Identify and coordinate the delivery change control process.
Big Data Practice & Product Line Management
- Perform periodic project/program analysis, product line review, and product line "health checks" with practice and delivery resources.
- Examine customer reference-ability and establish on-going relationships with the customer and account team members.
- Refine practice pipeline and product line attributes based upon metrics and analysis as well as overall fit within the marketplace and technological changes.
- Support the development and execution of an Account Strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Capture, develop, and refine intellectual property (IP) based upon projects, programs, and engagements; develop IP to be reusable for future training and delivery requirements.
- Coordinate subject matter material with team members for development of best practices for product lines and delivery improvements.
- Understand and manage customer requirements (delivery and environmental factors) to ensure contract understanding and acceptance for deliverables, cost, contract type, timeline, risk and assumptions, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure delivery methodology is understood by team from project initiation to project closeout; sales/solution to delivery knowledge transfer.
- Maintain awareness for additional business opportunities and support pursuit of future business through quality results and escalation to internal stakeholders when additional business opportunities may present themselves.
- Ensure delivery management methodology is followed on all client opportunities.
- Mentor, manage and develop product/project team members. Team size varies from 3 team members up to 8-10 team members.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, relevant experience
- 10+ years' experience in information technology and/or professional services, with emphasis on working on Big Data platforms
- 4+ years hands on experience in big data platforms (Cloudera/Hortonworks/MapR/Open Source Hadoop)
- Experience in using Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, KAFKA, Sqoop and OOZIE and other open source tools.
- Strong programming exposure in one or many languages including JAVA, Python, Scala
- Frequent interactions with external customers at the Director level or above; established consulting and interpersonal skills with 5+ years' experience
- Experienced in data ingestion for structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in working No-SQL data stores such as HBase / RedShift / Cassandra / Mongo DB etc.
- Basic knowledge of Big Data administration (Ambari / Cloudera Navigator)
Nice to Have
- Experience in Storm, Flink, and Flume would be ++
- Experience working on Talend would be ++
- Nice to have Industry certifications on MapR, AWS, Hortonworks, Cloudera or any leading industry certifications.
- Current industry architecture exposure towards Dockers, serverless computing, Microservices would be additional advantage.
- Exposure towards implementing Big Data solution on cloud (AWS, Azure or Hybrid) is a plusUndo
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
TEKsystems, Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.