USAA IT Audit Manager in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced IT Audit Manager for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facility.
The IT Audit Manager maintains a high degree of business contact through fieldwork, often serving as the principal fieldwork contact for supporting IT Audits, and perform audits within the 3rd line of defense for USAA. Accountable for leading and executing audit engagements from beginning to end (audit lifecycle of medium to high complexity audit engagements,); including understanding horizontal and vertical impacts across the entire audit organization (i.e. ability to cross matrix). Responsible for coaching and leading junior auditors to ensure audit engagement deliverables are delivered timely and with quality work. Updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data. Responsible for content of audit report and business monitoring. Reviews work papers and delivers audit team engagement performance evaluations. Assists performing or assists with leading special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators. Builds and enhances relationships both internally within Audit Services and externally with clients and control partners; including helping to drive strategic objectives with the business. Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards. Communicates with the business/clients; delivers difficult messages. May be asked to communicate with regulators and executive leaders.
About USAA Audit Team
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Internal Audit function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Audit team! We are a diversified team of audit professionals, working across all USAA operations, seeing the incredible growth first-hand. USAA Audit Services affords you the ability to see USAA’s Mission in action on a daily basis. In this role you are part of USAA’s noble mission.
The IT Audit Manager develops and independently performs complex work assignments and problem resolution in support of risk-based assurance and advisory engagements and/or audit quality assessments in the field of business operations, finance, and compliance and/or information technology. Maintains a high degree of business contact through fieldwork, often serving as the principal fieldwork contact. Mentors junior staff auditors on audit excellence, to include theory and application of audit and/or business/information technology techniques. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Leads and executes audit engagements from beginning to end (audit lifecycle of medium to high risk audit engagements,) to include understanding horizontal and vertical impacts across the entire audit organization (i.e. ability to cross matrix).
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Provides coaching and guidance to junior auditors ensuring timeliness and quality of audit engagement deliverables.
- Updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data.
- Ensures and develops content of audit report and business monitoring. Reviews work papers and delivers audit team engagement performance evaluations.
- Conducts or assists with leading special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit Services and externally with clients and control partners to help drive strategic objectives with the business.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Provides guidance on the use of various business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn.
- Communicates with the business/clients; delivers difficult messages.
- May communicate with regulators and executive leaders.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and recommendations for corrective action; drafts the related observations (business issues) and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership and conducts follow-up activities as defined in the observations.
- May be responsible for execution of ITGC and/or application controls.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or other relevant field OR Four additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business experience
- Advanced knowledge of Audit theory and demonstrated experience in audit execution
- Advanced level business acumen in business operations, industry practices, and emerging trends
- 6+ years’ experience in large financial services IT internal audit department, or equivalent IT audit experience to include top tier firm (Big 4, Protiviti, etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience leading end-to-end engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) and/or leadership experience within the information technology or security fields
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls, business and information technology risks and/or audit techniques in a large financial services organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory environment for relevant industry
- Advanced knowledge of IT application controls, ITGCs, Cyber Security, Mobile, Virtualization, WebSphere as well as IT infrastructure including databases, networks, operating systems
- Experience with audit engagement support tools including electronic workpapers
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- Preferred designations include CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CISSP (Certified Information Security Systems Professional), CFSA (Certified Financial Services Auditor) or other relevant business designation
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position
IT Audit Manager TX-San Antonio R0016430