Valero Senior Network Engineering Specialist in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Under minimal supervision, achieves reliable business solutions by providing computing platform support and service, designing and implementing new systems, and performing modification/maintenance to existing systems.
- Plans, installs and administers company routing and switching infrastructure.
- Plans, installs and administers VoIP infrastructure.
- Plans, estimates and manages small I/S projects or significant scope areas within an existing project using Valero's project methodology.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify complex information systems.
- Evaluates new and existing technology, generates improvement suggestions, and make recommendations for usage.
- Maintains expert knowledge in one or more I/S infrastructure systems.
- Identifies, isolates, and repairs hardware and software problems affecting computer network service to all supported locations.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation for routing, switching and VoIP systems.
- Maintains the overall health of the company's LAN, WAN and VoIP systems.
- Maintains and monitors routing, switching and VoIP systems.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related experience in computer information systems required.
- Experience planning, implementing and operating routing and switching platforms, MPLS, TDM, TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, QoS, 802.1Q, VPN, VoIP and traditional telephony required.
- Experience planning, deploying and supporting Cisco LAN/WAN infrastructure required.
- Experience planning, deploying and supporting Cisco Call Manager, UCCX and Unity systems required.
- Experience planning, deploying and supporting Skype for Business and AudioCodes required.
- Ability to work after-hours for on-call support on a rotating or as-needed basis required.
- Ability to travel up to 30 days per year required.
- CCNA, CCNP, or other Cisco certifications preferred.
- Experience implementing and operating VSAT preferred.
- Experience implementing and operating firewalls preferred.
- Experience planning and implementing indoor and outdoor structured cabling preferred.
- Experience with Riverbed and Cisco WAN optimization, HP Aruba wireless, HP Network Automation, F5, Net Scout or Wire Shark preferred.
- Experience using programing languages including PERL, RUBY, PYTHON, C#, or C preferred.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Mar 26, 2018, 9:19:38 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 180014S