CALIBRE Simulation Support Specialist in San Antonio, Texas
CALIBRE, an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Solutions Company is looking for a Simulation Support Specialist to provide operational, analytical, and technical expertise to scenario development, class and exercise planning, and execution of training exercises and events in support of Medical Center of Excellence (MEDCoE). The Simulation Support Specialist uses computer simulations and automated systems to support training events and exercise. The Simulation Support Specialist researches, analyzes, tests, deploys, and implements data, simulations, and software systems to provide Soldiers and Leaders the ability to train with virtual and constructive simulation. The Simulations Support Specialist assists with the planning, design, and evaluation of various components of the U.S. Army Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC) simulation network, Games for Training (GFT), and U.S. Army Low Overhead Training Toolkit. The Simulation Support Specialist acts as the functional or technical expert on the simulation systems, including systems analysis and troubleshooting necessary to resolve complex simulation/stimulation issues.
- Supports the installation, operation, and hardware/software maintenance for the JLCCTC simulation federation and supporting simulations drivers.
- Supports sets-up, transition, and break down for all simulation activities.
- Applies understanding of military doctrine and techniques to a simulation-enhanced training environment.
- Assists the Government’s Lead Action Officer and/or the Senior Operations Analyst(s) in the development of exercise scenario products.
- Analyzes hardware, software, scenario stimulation, data collection, and after action review (AAR) requirements necessary to meet event and commander’s objectives.
- Supports software testing, analysis, troubleshooting, and Problem Tracking and Reporting (PTR) documentation and simulation systems analysis and management.
- Supports Verification, Validation, and Accreditation activities for JLCCTC, ALOTT, and GFT software development.
- Supports hardware and software installation, networking, and operation; this includes responding to hardware and software problems, applying network security necessary to operate training simulation models, collecting data, and analyzing results.
- Identifies deficiencies and performance gaps in exercise and training programs; provides AAR inputs, training and operational assessments, and lessons learned recommendations.
- Attends training, seminars, conferences, exercise/experiment planning events, site surveys, and training events to enhance products and services relevancy to the operational training requirements.
- Prepares insight papers based on training and exercise trends observed; develops reports, briefings, and recommendations to improve exercise design and execution.
- Two (2) years of experience with military gaming and/or simulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with Army organizations and or Army constructive models and simulations.
- Experience with JLCCTC training federation, ALOTT, and GFT (VBS2 or VBS#).
- Experience controlling large-scale simulation federations and operations of simulation centers.
- Knowledge of High Level Architecture, Distributed Interactive Simulation, and Test Enabling Architecture interoperability; familiarity with Simulation Object Model and Federation Object Model Development.
- Experience using entity constructive simulations and virtual simulations for military brigade and below training.
- Experience in software testing, analysis, troubleshooting, PTR writing, analyzing, and management.
- Experience with encrypted Local Area Network and Wide Area Network Operations.
- Knowledge of the processes and procedures related to supporting National Simulation Center or Mission Training Complex events.
- Associates ’s degree from an accredited college, university, or technical school in a technical discipline. Four (4) years’ experience with JLCCTC-ERF/MRF, ALOTT, or VBS2/VBS3 may be substituted for a degree.
- Possesses DoD 8570 IAT II certification: CompTIA Security+ or higher Information Assurance certification.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Possesses and maintains an active SECRET clearance.
CALIBRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports transitioning service members, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team.
Tracking Code: TSO 2417-585
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular