Taurean Tier I Help Desk / Systems Administrator Lead in San Antonio, Texas
- Considering local candidates with US Citizenship, to support this government contract
- Employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
- Position requires an active DoD Secret Clearance
- 10-years or more experience in IT customer support; knowledge of computer systems administration.
- 10-years of Help Desk experience
- 6-years of supervisory experience.
Taurean is seeking a skilled Systems Administrator to lead Tier I Help Desk Operations at Fort Sam Houston, in support of US Army North (ARNORTH) Operations. The qualified candidate will provide management and oversight of all Tier I efforts and work with the on-site Program Manager to provide leadership, guidance, and ensure a collaborative work environment.
- Perform system-level configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Provide assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer configuration, operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Supervise all contract personnel engaged in the operation and support of network users, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
- Monitor and respond to hardware, software, and network problems through routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals). Standard response procedures include identification of a problem, notification of appropriate personnel, complete troubleshooting or replacement procedures, and ensuring that notification of the appropriate personnel that the system(s) or equipment has returned to normal operations
- Utilize software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Support a variety of IT systems and deploy commercial of the shelf (COTS) and Government off the shelf (GOTS) technologies including Microsoft, Linux, networking NSA Type 1 encryption devices, VOIP, email, video teleconferencing, and common desktop productivity tools.
- The contractor shall be able to use the latest versions of the following: Microsoft Operating Systems; Microsoft Office; Microsoft SharePoint; .NET; MS SQL Server; MS active Directory Administration.
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology (IT) or IT related field.
Must possess a current IAT Level I Certification as compliant with DoDD 8570.01 i.e. (A+, CCNA-Security, or Network+)
- Must have knowledge and experience in using the latest versions of the following: Microsoft Operating Systems; Microsoft Office; Microsoft SharePoint; .NET; MS SQL Server; MS active Directory Administration.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in projects of similar size and complexity.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to work on complex projects with minimal direction and guidance.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Professional knowledge and experience with all standards and tools for Internet and web-related content delivery.
Taurean is always seeking out cross-industry talent to join our operations in San Antonio and DC, as well as work on government contracts around the world. Our company purpose is: "Find work. Create jobs. Change lives -- For the glory of God!" We focus on winning contracts and staying up to date with current industry trends and knowledge while simulatenously nurturing the lives of our Team Members. We do so by following five Core Values: Family First, Dream Big, Have Fun, Achieve Forward, Give Back.
Location: Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX
Exempt/Non-Exempt: : Exempt
Employment Type: : Full Time