Taurean Tier II â€“ Help Desk Lead in San Antonio, Texas
Taurean General Services, Inc. is seeking a skilled Tier II Operations Center Lead to provide full-time, on-site leadership in service support for U.S. Army North (ARNORTH) Tier II Help Desk (Operations Center). The Tier 2 Operations Center Lead monitors the unclassified Campus Area network (CAN) across Fort Sam Houston and also the network connections to the forward stationed users using government-provided tools. Tier 2 Operations Center also provides technical reporting functions in accordance with applicable Standing Operating Procedures and Knowledge Management plans.
- Monitor complex technical control facility hardware and software. They shall be able to interface with other IT technical personnel, users, and vendor support service groups to ensure escalation to a point of problem resolution is reached during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Direct compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance, troubleshoot network performance issues, analyze network traffic, and provide capacity planning solutions
- Manage the support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems in support of large-scale systems projects.
- Perform system-level configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications
- Provide assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Supervise all contract personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations. Contract lead’s resume shall reflect a minimum of 6 years’ supervisory experience.
- Monitor and respond to hardware, software, and network problems through routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals). Standard response procedures include identification of a problem, notification of appropriate personnel, complete troubleshooting or replacement procedures, and ensuring that notification of the appropriate personnel that the system(s) or equipment has returned to normal operations
- Utilize software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Support a variety of IT systems and deploy commercial of the shelf (COTS) and Government off the shelf (GOTS) technologies including Microsoft, Linux, networking NSA Type 1 encryption devices, VOIP, email, video teleconferencing, and common desktop productivity tools.
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology (IT) or IT related field.
Must possess a current IAT Level II Certification as compliant with DoDD 8570.01 i.e. (CCNA-Security, GSEC, or Security+ CE)
- Must be able to use the latest version of the following tools SW diagnostic tools: MS OS , MS Office Suite, MS SharePoint, Ms SQL Server, MS Active Directory Administration, Linux, Networking NSA Type 1 encryption, Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP). Video teleconferencing. VMWare (Appendix D), VCenter, ESX 5.0 and above, Cisco products to include but not limited to 3560 switches, routers, and ASA firewalls
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to work on complex projects with minimal direction and guidance.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Professional knowledge and experience with all standards and tools for Internet and web-related content delivery.
- Considering local candidates with US Citizenship, to support this government contract.
- Employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Position requires an active DoD Secret Clearance
- 6-years of supervisory experience
- 5-years of firsthand experience operating network security devices to include Cisco integrated service routers (ISR)
- 3-years of VMware Virtualized Technology experience with a proven track record of operating in a VMware environment
Taurean is always seeking out cross-industry talent to join our operations in San Antonio and DC, as well as work on government contracts around the world. Our company purpose is: "Find work. Create jobs. Change lives -- For the glory of God!" We focus on winning contracts and staying up to date with current industry trends and knowledge while simulatenously nurturing the lives of our Team Members. We do so by following five Core Values: Family First, Dream Big, Have Fun, Achieve Forward, Give Back.
Location: Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX
Exempt/Non-Exempt: : Exempt
Employment Type: : Full Time