Taurean Tier III Help Desk Lead / Program Manager in San Antonio, Texas
Taurean General Services, Inc. is seeking a skilled Operations Systems Manager/Tier III Help Desk Lead who can provide management of an Information Assurance (IA) Desk supporting Tier I through Tier III Help Desk operations and provide leadership and guidance to members of the various Help Desk Tiers. The Tier III Lead will act as the full-time, on-site Program Management for contract service support for U.S. Army North (ARNORTH) Help Desk and IA Operations. The Tier III Lead will provide assistance and oversight for all information systems (IS) operations activities, including computer, telecommunications, and communications operations, data entry, data control, operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations. The Tier III Lead provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints and technical direction, engineering knowledge, and planning for Information Technology (IT) network support activities. Key to the role is the ability to perform two core functions:
- Supervising complex operations that involve two or more additional functional areas such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support and production support activities
- Performing a variety of systems engineering, maintenance, and testing tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment are essential.
- Provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring IS operations to include designing, building, and implementing network systems. Provide quality control review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Monitor complex technical control facility hardware and software. Interface with other IT technical personnel, users, and vendor support service groups to ensure escalation to a point of problem resolution during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Direct compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance, troubleshoot network performance issues, analyze network traffic, and provide capacity planning solutions
- Manage the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems in support of large-scale systems projects. Perform vendor comparison and cost studies in the pursuit of these projects
- Perform system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications
- Provide assistance and oversight for all IS operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Supervise all contract personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
- Monitor and respond to hardware, software, and network problems through routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilize software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Oversee troubleshooting of network systems focused on reliability, streamlining, and reducing outage or downtime of equipment, systems, and networks.
- Support a variety of IT systems and deploy commercial off the shelf and Government off-the-shelf technologies including Microsoft, Linus, network NSA Type 1 encryption devices, voice over internet protocol (VOIP), email, video teleconferencing, and common desktop productivity tools.
- Familiarity with elements, infrastructure, and service capabilities of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) is essential.
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in IT or an IT related field.
Must possess a current Security+ or IAT Level II Certification as compliant with DoDD 8570.01
- Must be able to use the latest version of the following tools Microsoft Operating Systems; Microsoft Office; Microsoft SharePoint; Microsoft Active Directory Admin; .NET; MS SQL Server; VMWARE, VCenter, ESX 5.0 and Above; Cisco products to include but not limited to 3560 switches, routers, and ASA Firewalls and intrusion prevention systems (IPS).
- Considering local candidates with US Citizenship, to support this government contract.
- Employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Position requires an active DoD Secret Clearance
- 10-years of systems administration experience to include the operation of Microsoft Server Systems, to include Exchange, SharePoint and SQL Servers.
- 3-years of experience with VMware Virtualization Technology with a proven track record of operating VMware environments.
- 5-years of firsthand experience operating network security devices to include Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISR)
- 5-years of extensive experience with router and switch management
Taurean is always seeking out cross-industry talent to join our operations in San Antonio and DC, as well as work on government contracts around the world. Our company purpose is: "Find work. Create jobs. Change lives -- For the glory of God!" We focus on winning contracts and staying up to date with current industry trends and knowledge while simulatenously nurturing the lives of our Team Members. We do so by following five Core Values: Family First, Dream Big, Have Fun, Achieve Forward, Give Back.
Location: Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX
Exempt/Non-Exempt: : Exempt
Employment Type: : Full Time