Sabre Principal AWS Architect in Southlake, Texas
Req ID: 31721
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Synxis Property Hub, the new name for PMS V4: SPH is our next gen property management system, which is built as a cloud native. Highly scalable SaaS leveraging next generation open source technologies and built to scale for operations of thousands of properties. It's built to host the operations of the world's largest hospitality chain. This role will fully lead the architecture of this application.
The Principal Architect role will assume architectural responsibilities for Sabre’s Synxis Property Hub product – our next generation property management system.
▪ 8+ years of experience as a cloud architect (AWS preferred)
▪ Good experience with cloud solutions in production environment (AWS preferred)
▪ Experience architecting and operating highly available and salable solutions in the cloud (AWS preferred)
▪ hands-on experience with core AWS services including compute, storage, networking and monitoring services
▪ Practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
▪ Experience building automated infrastructure, preferably on cloud or virtualized environment
▪ Experience with Ansible and one or more of Chef, Puppet, Salt in production environments.
▪ Strong experience with CloudFormation, JSON, YAML and infrastructure as code in a production environment
▪ Experience with CI/CD services and approaches in the cloud (AWS preferred)
▪ Experience with designing security and compliance in the cloud (AWS preferred)
▪ Experience with one or more scripting/programing languages (Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, Bash, Powershell)
▪ Experience with disaster recovery and incidence response in production environment
▪ AWS Architect certification (ideally professional but associate is ok)
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree Preferred.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Employee Relations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Stay connected with Sabre Careers