Sabre Sr Manager Software Development in Southlake, Texas
Req ID: 35921
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
• Strong Leadership for a team of engineers responsible for building and maintaining a complex, AWS cloud-native Product.
• Manage a team responsible for the deployment and monitoring of application and associated infrastructure. Be well-versed with Infrastructure As Code technologies • Automated deployment of web applications and services to production environments.
• Engage with partner teams that provide L1/L2 support. Set up processes for effective hand over mechanism and escalation processes.
• Maintain and build cloud infrastructure (Iac) operating on Amazon Web Services (AWS), with a focus on making it agile, scalable and secure.
• Monitor, present and analyze transactional vital statistics and application uptime/response time, and recommend environmental or operational changes.
• Assist in troubleshooting origin of errors, website, application servers, network, and databases.
• Recommend and implement best practices for application support in production environments.
• Assist in troubleshoot production and QA environments including application configurations, file/directory permissions, performance counter monitoring and analysis.
• Provide infrastructure level support that includes: network load balancing configuration, firewall, DNS, and server routing from an application perspective.
• Partner with QA, Dev teams to debug and troubleshoot complex application and server level issues.
• Coach and guide DevOps/IaC team members
• 8+ years of Software Engineering experience in a related position, managing enterprise systems organization.
• 5+ years of experience managing teams of DevOps, database, and software engineers.
• Advanced experience working with AWS or other cloud computing and infrastructures.
• Experience working within change management procedures and compliance.
• Ability to assist in authoring Physical and Logical Architecture Diagrams/Flows • Prior vendor management experience.
• Experience with Source Control tools and container technology experience.
• Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity experience.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Infrastructure As Cloud, Ansible, cloudformation, Python Proficiency with Application Monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk and AWS monitoring tools Java, Webapp - Huge Plus Docker/Kubernetes - Huge Plus
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage, negotiate and effectively develop key relationships.
• Must have proven ability to collect, generate and present data.
• Must thrive on accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must be able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision • Self-drive towards making progress towards the goal by removing roadblocks and seeking help as appropriate.
• Must be able to contribute and assume leadership for team growth as business demands • Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Employee Relations Department at email@example.com
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Stay connected with Sabre Careers